John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Monday 30th August 1971

[1971]

Visit to Garstang and Glasson Dock 



[D71 (orig. Vol. 6), page 130:] I have had a reasonably enjoyable time today.
After morn. sleeping & playing records, I → F[leet]wood. Bill’s been given an Anglia,
[i] and he took me → Garstang for day out arranged yesterday. With us in car: Vikki and Geoff H. Pastor’s contingent came along, as did Nando’s and “Anglican John’s” <John Huckle, I think>.
When we started playing cricket I felt all out of place. I used to feel “like a spastic” at school in Games & used to wag off it — and so I felt today, all sort of depressed. When I saw Vikki & Jennifer I walked over to them, thus escaping the terrible ordeal. Later Vikki, Jennifer, Geoff H, were sitting eating in Bill’s car. I with ample warning belched, and Jennifer immediately stormed off, disgusted.
[ii]
Discussing birth control, Geoff thinks it’s wrong, but Bill, who arrived at that point, agrees with it. We went for a drive around — Geoff not with us.
Later we all went from Garstang to Glasson Dock, [an] interesting place visually, with boats in the dock & lock gates, approached by the road that leads over the flat tidally-flooded land. The sun as setting cast a [D71 (orig. Vol. 6), page 131:] very yellow hue indeed over everything. The day [was] rather chilly; never mind, enjoyable.
Returned home, and when I left Bill I forgot he was returning home tomorrow & I wouldn’t see him for some time and gave the usual “Ta­ta” parting.
Watched TV and then to bed. Work tomorrow. Never mind, could be worse!
[i] An Anglia: The Ford Anglia saloon car, with its distinctive reverse-slope (raked-back) rear window, made its appearance in Sep. 1959 and ceased production in Nov. 1967.
[ii] I… belched, and Jennifer immediately stormed off, disgusted: There was a bit of friction between Jennifer and me at this time; this is one example.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]