John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Pamela’s fifth letter

1965, the year that changed my life
The trip to Buxton, and the “one moment of passion”

 1. Chris and I returned home the next day, Tuesday, and I wrote a letter to Pam that day — or on Wednesday at the latest, for she wrote to me on Thursday thanking me for my letter.

Perhaps Saturday 12th June 1965
 2. I suppose that I received Pam’s letter on Saturday 12th June 1965, since she wrote it on Thursday and probably posted it the next day.





69, Upper Chorlton Rd.
Whalley Range, 
M/c 16.   
Thursday.

Dear John,
 Thanks for your letter. I really enjoyed the weekend also, and it’s horrible being back at work.
 It’s okay about Monday, it was only a bit of fun, but I wouldn’t like to meet your Dad when he was angry (only joking).
 I’m sorry for not being in such a good mood Monday night, I was just a bit tired.
 By the way, John, I’ve got the photos. They’re quite good.
 The one I took of Hazel and Chris has come out smashing, also the one they took of us, except you can’t see me hardly if you know what I mean.
 We’ve shown Mum the photos, except those two which we thought they might not approve of.
 I sent the negatives in today so I will send them on as soon as they’re ready.
 Thanks for your invitation to come down again. I’ll try and arrange it with the Sunday School Superintendent for a convenient Sunday.
 I’ll pray for your exams, John. What’s the weather like there? It’s been gorgeous here today. I hope it’s nice tomorrow as I’m off work.
 I’ll close now, John.

Hope to see you soon.
Love, Pam.
x x x x x


I assume it was Hazel who drew this on the back of the second page. Whether or not Pam knew of it when she posted the letter, I don't know.

The “exams” were my GCE O-levels, which I presumably started the following week after the half-term break for Whitsuntide, and would continue doing till the end of the month. I took nine subjects: Biology, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, French, Geography, History, Mathematics, and Physics.

My Mum makes a decision for Christ


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]