John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Pamela’s twelfth letter

1965, the year that changed my life
My Dad goes to the church

Perhaps Wednesday 14th July 1965
 Pam wrote her twelfth letter to me on Tuesday, “13/7/65”, and posted it later the same day, so I probably received it on Wednesday 14th July 1965.





69, Upper Chorlton Rd.
Whalley Range,
M/c 16. 
13/7/65

Dear John,
 Thanks for your letter. Of course I start packing a week before. I have to get everything ready myself. I suppose your Mum gets everything for you. Boys usually get away with it. (Aren’t I awful!)
 Well, there’s not much happened here, John, except the meetings were very good at weekend.
 We had another youth meeting on Saturday night. I had to introduce the items again. The group’s getting very good now, John. They learnt us a new chorus called “Send a Revival”.
 By the way, John, I’m not a rotten speller, you cheeky thing. Anyway, we can’t all be clever.
 I’ll close now, John. I won’t write again before Saturday as it isn’t worth it. So, I’ll see you there.

Love,
  Pam
      x x x x x x

Holiday in Scarborough — Day One



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]