John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

A train journey

Early Days
Early 1950’s
Once, we may have been visiting Nanny and Grandad’s house in Thornton, because I was on a train returning to Preston. We passed our house, which backed on to the railway, and it was pointed out to me. Then we went under a bridge—and instantly the train drew into Preston station, where we got off.

We passed our house, which backed on to the railway, and it was pointed out to me. Then we went under a bridge…

…and instantly the train drew into Preston station, where we got off.

There is something wrong with this tale, because there is a considerable distance between the bridge just beyond our old house in Preston, and Preston station. Evidently my memory is defective, or I may have been half-asleep at the time. The area which has disappeared from my memory is shown in red here.





Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]