John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Janet


b.
9 Feb. 1950, to James and Annie O’Hare; older sister Anne, younger sisters Pat and Susan; m. John Edward Cooper, 23 Aug. 1975.






































Friday 26th May 1972
[for the run-up to the events of this date, see the story of Janet Aikman.]

Tape 2B:V.V.1–5:
From Tape 2B:V.V.1–5:[1]
 V.V.1.The very first night that Janet met me, Chris and I started on about Jones. It was when we all went to the Riverhead Chinese restaurant; and Chris and I started talking about Jones.
 2.I was met by them at Grimsby Town station that night, before we went to the Friar Tuck. (Janet had been “briefed” to tell me that I looked like Jason King (played in the TV series by Peter Wyngarde), which she did when we were in the Friar Tuck.)
 3.From the station we went to Chris’s Grandma’s before we went out; his Mum and Dad were there, and Chris and I were going to stay there.
 4.(It is not remembered whether Pamela, who was there, stayed at Chris’s Auntie Joan’s, or whether at Janet’s place. She did stay at Janet’s in Westfield Grove, Cleethorpes once; but whether or not that was on this occasion cannot be remembered.)
 5.We called at Chris’s Grandma’s to dump my stuff, and then went across to the Friar Tuck.
[2]

At the Friar Tuck, at a suitable moment when the others were elsewhere, Janet told me that I looked like Peter Wyngarde. Actually, apart from a similarly-styled moustache, I looked nothing like Peter Wyngarde. Janet knew this on meeting me, but she had been put up to saying it by Chris.
[1] “From Tape” was an attempt made around 1982 to adapt in a “minimal” way all the recordings of conversations etc. which I possessed—to rewrite them in a narrative style but retain the wording of the original as much as possible. I intended to work through all my recordings, drafting the adaptation as I went along, then to edit the material together into chronological order by cutting and sticking the writings together.
[2] Tape 2B ended at this point, so the story was not carried on to where we went on to the Riverhead Chinese restaurant and Chris and I started talking about Jones.
The “From Tape” material, rearranged, results in the following:
I was met by Chris and Janet at Grimsby Town station. From there we went to Chris’s Grandma’s, to dump my stuff before we went out: his Mum and Dad were there; and Chris and I were going to stay there. (It is not remembered whether Pamela, who was there, stayed at Chris’s Auntie Joan’s, or whether at Janet’s place. She did stay at Janet’s in Westfield Grove, Cleethorpes once; but whether or not that was on this occasion cannot be remembered.) From Chris’s Grandma’s house we went across to the Friar Tuck pub. Janet had been “briefed” to tell me that I looked like Jason King (played in the TV series by Peter Wyngarde). So, at a suitable moment at the Friar Tuck, when the others were elsewhere, Janet told me that I looked like Peter Wyngarde. Actually, apart from a similarly-styled moustache, I looked nothing like him. Janet knew this on meeting me, but she had been put up to saying it by Chris. The very first night that Janet met me, Chris and I started on about Jones. It was when we all went afterwards to the Riverhead Chinese restaurant; and Chris and I started talking about Jones.

















































































































































October 1974


October 1974



October 1974



October 1974



October 1974



October 1974



October 1974




























Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]