John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Family History

1814 onwards

On a visit to my Mum and Dad in Thornton in August 1989, I was shown a tin containing old family documents from my Dad’s side of the family, also a Bible. They gave me the Bible, and I transcribed what was written in the other documents (see Sunday 20th August 1989). On Wednesday 15 December 2010 my now-widowed Mum visited me, bringing mainly World War I memorabilia of her father, which I scanned. In November 2011 I visited Mum, and photographed those of the documents from August 1989 that we could find, and in addition other documents from her side of the family (see Saturday 12th November 2011), etc. There were many more old photographs and documents, though, so I took them home with me for scanning. Some of these I scanned on Tuesday 29 November 2011, and the rest on Saturday 16 November 2013 and Sunday 17 November 2013. Latterly, my nephew Tony has sent me images of my Dad’s and Grandad Cooper’s medals, etc. From time to time I have had conversations with my parents, and taken notes; and once or twice I have made audio recordings. I present a compilation of all this material below.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]