John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

A letter from Pam

1965, the year that changed my life
A postcard from Chris

Perhaps Wednesday 11th August 1965
Chris and I sent birthday cards to Pamela Williams; she was 17 on Monday 9th August 1965. Her letter of thanks to both of us is undated, and the date on the postmark is obscured by the dark left shoulder of Winston Churchill’s image on the stamp, but I guess she wrote a day or so after her birthday.



69, Upper Chorlton Rd,
Whalley Range,
M/c 16.

Dear John and Chris,
 Just a line to thank you for the birthday cards. It was very nice of you to remember.
 I’m sorry I’ve not written sooner but I’ve been so busy getting ready for Scotland.
 Looking forward to seeing you perhaps in a couple of weeks. Behave yourselves in the rest of the school holidays.

’Bye for now.
Love, Pam.

Peter and I go to Kirkby-in-Ashfield


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]