John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

1966 diary: Pages 1–3

1966

The diary that I started to keep in 1966 is a small week-to-an-opening volume. These are the title pages:


I wrote:
JESUS CHRIST DIED
FOR OUR SINS!
So Repent and
Believe!
I wasn’t satisfied with the word “believe”, so I struck it out and wrote in more words, so that they read:
JESUS CHRIST DIED
FOR OUR SINS!
So Repent and
Believe Trust in
Jesus for the
forgiveness of sins
and for the free
gift of eternal
life![1]
Unfortunately, in the original, the name of the publishers is printed on the same page, so it accidentally reads:
Trust in
TIMOTHY WHITES
(!)
Timothy Whites was a leading chain of dispensing chemist’s shops in the UK, till it was taken over by Boots in 1968.

[1] I later wrote:
Anyone picking up these scribblings ought to understand, that despite the failures depicted in these pages to match up to the calling “in Christ”, I still believe these words (although, to be sure, I feel that more stress should have been put on the Lordship of Christ).


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]