John Edward Cooper’s Notes
Sunday 5th June 1966
There is no diary-entry for today:
Sunday School Teachers’ Training Class
There may have been another of Mrs. Smith’s classes today, though: undated Lesson 7. The homework from Lesson 6 would also have been reviewed.
Click on images to enlarge.There are four undated entries in the notebook:
These have to be spread over eight Sundays. It is possible that the lessons became fortnightly. The lack of diary entries for the period makes the dating of lessons 7 to 10 difficult. I guess, as follows:
- Lesson 7, page 30;
- Lesson 8, page 31;
- Lesson 9, page 33;
- Lesson 10, pages 35, 36.
- 5th June 1966, Lesson 7, above.
- Assume no class for 12th June 1966.
- 19th June 1966, Lesson 8.
- Assume no class for 26th June 1966.
- 3rd July 1966, Lesson 9. Although there is an entry in the diary, it does not record events of the day.
- Assume no class for 10th July 1966. There is an entry for this day in the diary which does not mention Sunday School.
- 17th July 1966, Lesson 10.
- Assume no class for 24th July 1966, for the diary states: “Afternoon: Went to see Alec Tee. Woman in bath chair ran!” Alec Tee was a Scottish evangelist who held a campaign in a marquee in a field at South Shore, Blackpool. He prayed for the sick in these meetings.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]