John Edward Cooper’s Notes

Home Contents Alphabetical listing Whom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Tuesday 18th January 1966

1966



At the top of the page for 16–19 January there is a note—

MATHS
—presumably some sort of revision-plan prior to the exams. In the NOTES section is the following note:

Tue Michael Smith
on Babylon. “The end
of it all”
The diary-entry proper for today is as follows:

School: Effy (Eliot)
away, so did Maths & Physics
hwk & revision. At Night
went to church—“Babylon”
conclusion—great! 666 and Anti-
Christ explained. Practised
group with Ger[ald] & Pete. Lift home
from Aud’s.
Mrs. F. E. Elliott, B.A. (Manchester), known as “Effie” from her initials, was a teacher at Fleetwood Grammar School, and was my form teacher in the Lower Sixth (1965–66). I don’t recall her taking me for any lessons, just her doing the routine calling and marking of the attendance-register in the form-room every morning. How, then, her being away freed me up to do mathematics and physics homework and revision, I cannot now tell.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]