John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Tuesday 26th July 1966

1966



     • • •
    → • • •
Very
 WATCHED
depressedW. CUP
Been like this month or two

Watched W[orld] Cup: This was the 1966 FIFA World Cup. Of myself, I didn’t much care for football, but Audrey’s brother Ken was fanatical about it, and some of his enthusiasm rubbed off on me. This particular match was the semi-final between England and Portugal at Wembley Stadium, which began at 7.30pm.

Very depressed: It seems that the depression started with my inability to come to terms with my conscience over too much snogging (see, e.g. Saturday 9th July 1966), and was exacerbated when I finally gave way to “” on Sunday 10th July 1966, and kept on doing so. However, the earlier reference only takes the story back just over three weeks; according to my diary-entry here I had been like this a month or two.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]