John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

AUDREY ASHWORTH née WOOD,
b. 23rd April 1952,
d. 14th December 2010


It was sad to receive this message:
Maureen Smith December 17, 2010 at 1:14am
Subject: Sad news
John, did you hear that Audrey Wood Ashworth passed away at her home in Pittsburgh P.A., Tuesday evening after a very short illness.
This was the same Maureen Smith who, on Sunday 31st October 1965 (if I have worked the dates out right), asked me if I was “sweet” on Audrey; see Maureen Smith’s question.

Audrey first appears in these writings in the 1965 story Peter arouses my interest in Audrey Wood. (Not quite true: there’s an anachronistic reference to her in Our first visit to the Full Gospel Church, Fleetwood.)

Here is Audrey as I knew her ca.1966:
[audrey1.jpg] [audrey2.jpg] [audrey3.jpg]
Here’s a photo I took of her in 2003 when she was back in the UK visiting her folks:
And this is the photo which she posted on Facebook on 25 June 2010:






Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]