John Edward Cooper’s Notes

Home Contents Alphabetical listing Whom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

David Jones and David Doyle

1965, the year that changed my life
Speech Day
 1. At school I had been witnessing to David Jones, and I also witnessed to David Doyle, who was in my class.
 The progress I had made with Jones was considerable: at the start of the year, or at least a little later when Chris visited him, he still regarded me as “Vermin”.
[more] Then I had managed to talk to him, although I failed to convince him about the faith I professed.[more] But by June, Pam was able to write to me: “Glad to hear you’re getting somewhere with Jones. He may get saved yet.”[more]

"David Jones" — detail from 1965 school photo


"David Doyle" — detail from 1962 class photo


"David Doyle" — detail from 1965 class photo.
(Not much change there, then, in three years!)
December 1965
 2. Before the Christmas holidays I witnessed to both Jones and Doyle and tried to get them individually to accept Christ as their Saviour. I think Doyle responded favourably, though I can’t remember if he came to our church at this stage and put his hand up in an appeal; and although Jones didn’t respond so decisively, I had a positive impression about him, an idea that he was getting “close”.


Here end my notes on 1965, the year that changed my life.

1966
Saturday 1st January 1966


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]