John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Saturday 2nd July 1966

1966



Convicted for
snogging and mucking
about. Refused to go on
knocker.
Snogging and mucking about: See also Sunday 3rd July 1966 and Saturday 9th July 1966.

Refused to go on [the] knocker:
Cf. Johannine Writings XXII.1–3:
XXII.1.But gradually and imperceptibly, I lost my zeal, left my first love; my devotion began to abate, my fiery passion for the souls of men began to be quenched, and I became cold in heart.
2.And the reading of books replaced the ardent perusal of the Scriptures.
3.And so Audrey grew weary, for when she asked me about giving out tracts, I would not allow it; and when she asked again, I blazed in wrath and refused.
No refusal to give out tracts is recorded in my 1966 diary, but we do read that today I refused to go on the knocker. And not only was knocker work affected by this crisis of conscience, so were my interest in, and concentration on, church meetings; see Wednesday 6th July 1966.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]