John Edward Cooper’s Notes

HomeContentsAlphabetical listingWhom I’d like to meet in eternity…
 

Sunday 13th March 1966

1966



The diary-entry for today is as follows:

Went to Communion.
Message in tongues and interpretation.
Went to 1st Sunday School
Teachers’ training class by Mrs.
Smith, who told me (again) about
Elsie’s message. Gospel service. Doyle
and Jones there. Rededication service.
Went home. Les told me about a
prophecy he didn’t give on Tuesday.
Wrote to Tom Bennet.
Les: See Sunday 2nd January 1966.
Wrote to Tom Bennett: See The adventure begins (10.30pm–2.30am), “By his stripes I am healed”, Tom Bennett’s letter. I did not receive a reply. He may have moved out of the flat in Salford.

Sunday School Teachers’ Training Class
Went to Communion.… Went to 1st Sunday School Teachers’ training class [led] by Mrs. Smith… I started off Sunday School teaching by attending teacher training classes led by Mrs. Winifred Smith, at the Full Gospel Church, Lowther Road, Fleetwood.[1] There were four or five of us in the class, including, I think, Audrey. I have the impression that we met in the room at the left of the forward part of the main hall, which otherwise was used as the kitchen.
My diary-entry suggests that the training sessions were held after the morning church service but does not indicate whether directly after, or after lunch. But the entry for 27th March 1966 shows that the session was indeed after lunch in the afternoon.
Below are notes written during the session: Lesson 1: Absolute Essentials — Requirements of a teacher….

[1] I started off Sunday School teaching by attending teacher training classes led by Mrs. Winifred Smith, at the Full Gospel Church, Lowther Road, Fleetwood: My going to Warren Street on Sunday 16th January 1966 may have been my first exploratory steps into Sunday School teaching.

Click on images to enlarge.




The notes were in a booklet which I made by cutting a foolscap-size cash-book in two.
When, a few years ago, I peeled off the brown-paper cover, I found the two halves of the original cash-book cover.
Click on image to enlarge.
There is an attempt at a humorous aping of some Nordic-looking language; and there’s a “Thank you” note to Brian “Crabbers” Crabtree, and his reply: “S’awright”.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]